RE: [pyrnet] Wisconsin State Parks

Caryl;
 <http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/>
The very best dog beach that I have found is at Devils Lake State Park near
Wisconsin Dells.  It is right on Devils Lake and has a partial concrete
bottom, so those with sensitive feet can tolerate it.  There is also no
fishing allowed in that area, so there shouldn't be fish hooks, etc that is
risky.  Devils Lake also has miles and miles of beautiful hiking trails,
many which circle the bluffs above the lake. So, what I do is take Czar
(Great Pyrenees) and Raisa (Alaskan Malamute) to Devils Lake very early in
the morning when it is cool,(around 6:00 am); hike the bluffs and rocks, and
then take them swimming in the lake about 10:00 am.  They are in heaven! I
also discovered that Czar is an excellent climber on very steep rocks and
bluffs; I swear this is why they have a second set of dew claws!

Govenor Dodge State Park (Dodgeville), also has a pet swim area, but there
really isn't any beach and they also fish off the waters edge, so I worry
about fish hooks. I have never let them swim in this lake but it is an
excellent park for hiking, camping and beauty.

Whitefish Dunes Park in Door County also has a Pet Swim area that is right
on lake Michigan and is nice and secluded.  I took Czar and Raisa there last
October, and they had a blast.  This is also a nice park for hiking and is
more secluded and less crowded than Devils Lake.

I primarily do my hiking in the fall, and winter, as the Pyrs and Mals
absolutely prefer the cooler weather, but when I can sneak in a cool summer
morning, I get them out.

Here is a great web link for you which lists the state parks.  Let me know
if I can be of help in any other way. :-)
http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/
<http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/parks/>
Sincerely,
Beth R. Viney
Sr. Account Executive-Strategic Accounts
TDS Telecom
525 Junction Road
P.O. Box 5158
Madison, WI 53705-0158