[pyrnet] Zuni Update and More

Hello everyone,
   Well, it's been a rough week with a lot of soul-searching for us. Zuni's biopsy was positive for cancerous cells, but her chest x-ray was clear. After lots and lots of talk, we decided it was not in Zuni's best interest to do surgery. She's going to have a full course of radiation possibly followed by chemotherapy. We just couldn't take her leg from her at this stage of her life, and we weren't 100% positive she would adjust to amputation, so that made the decision easier. She has her first treatment tomorrow and I'll be able to talk to the oncologist more then about what we can expect for her future. At least radiation takes away some of the pain and we may be able to give her some more good life yet... stay tuned.
    On another frustrating note, I have (yet another) question for anyone who may be able to give advice. Our other pyr Belle (Zuni's littermate sister -- also 7.5 years old) had been rolling around in the yard earlier making quite a mess of herself. So before I brought her inside I went to brush her off a bit. When I came around to her back end I noticed the pavement becoming wet with drips coming off of the fur between her legs. Then I realized the fur there was slightly discolored too, though that could also be because she's dirty right now. Anyway, I wiped down and under her legs with a paper towel and got quite a significant amount of wetness off of her. It also seems to me in the back of my mind that I've noticed her licking there pretty often, but she's never appeared to be in discomfort. So, my question is does this sound like a urinary tract infection to you (she's never had one before and the urine didn't really smell), or does anyone have experience with incontinence at this early age, or do any of you know something else I don't? I appreciate your help. At this point I truly hope this is nothing big or I may just lose it... thanks again!

-Emily Martorano
D3melza@aol.com