Re: [pyrnet] companion dog question

Jeff,

I just joined the list this weekend so I am getting to know everyone through
the most recent posts. And I don't own a Pyr, although I love the breed and
always look forward to dog sitting Xavier.

I would recommend avoiding terrier mixes or breeds since some of them tend
to view anything smaller than themselves as the enemy. I have several
terrier mixes (seven dogs, all but one rescued animals) who placidly allow
birds to eat out of their food dishes, but have virtually the our two acres
of the slightest hint of raccoons, squirrels, and field mice.

My Chesapeake retriever mix loved the neighbors chickens, but I am not sure
how long that would have lasted had she been allowed unsupervised access.
She did enjoy the visits however.

Jan