RE: [pyrnet] any suggestions?

<<I agree; I would never put any of my dogs on Rimadyl for the long term.  I
only use it for Raisa about 3-4 times a month, on days when she has played
too hard and is uncomfortable in getting up...
One of my previous Alaskan Malamutes, Mishka, had severe hip dysplasia, and
in that case the Rimadyl helped much better than the Adequan injections.  I
think different dogs react differently to a variety of medication, and it
may be a matter of finding which one most positively impacts your dog with
the least amount of side affects.>>

While I don't think any of us want to have our dogs on Rimadyl or similar
drugs for long periods of time, it can be done.  Mother's Candy was on
Rimadyl for quite a few years.  Mother took her in for regular checks for
liver function (all normal) which is critical with these drugs.  But it
certainly made Candy's life much more comfortable and probably contributed
to welfare for the last part of her 12 3/4 years (not bad for a Pyr!), and
for this reason alone it was worthwhile using for this length of time.

As mentioned, each dog is different, so talk with your vet about the
options that can be tried, and select the treatment that works for you.

Robyn
Ziffany Pyrs & TMs
www.picassosdog.com

http://mail2web.com/ .