RE: [pyrnet] Fear of thunderstorms

She has a large igloo (it will hold seven animals) to retreat to. It is in a relatively sheltered area of woods. We have even gone down the hill during storms to re-assure her. Actually, there are three such shelters for her and the four goats. The last time I checked during a downpour, Atalanta was in one with the alpha male goat, the other male goat in the second, and the two does in the third.
...Bob

afraid.  Is there any place or structure that would make your dog feel safe
during a storm?  I'm not suggesting that you put a structure in an open
field where it could get hit by lightening, but perhaps some other "shelter
area" might be available near the fields that she could retreat to. I've
heard of people using dogloos for working pyrs but I don't know if it would
solve this particular problem.

Barbara Mattson
Northeast Pyr Rescue Coordinator

~~~~~~~~~~ Robert Heinmiller Omnet, Inc. (21 North Central Avenue) Post Office Box 1285 Staunton, Virginia 24402 USA

               R.Heinmiller@Omnet.org
               +540.885.5800
               http://www.Omnet.com