[pyrnet] Significant relations- Coefficient of Inbreeding

Hello Chrissy,

I calculated significant relations for Romy and it was interesting (results
are on our web site (http://www.sdk-weber.com)).  It is not a perfect thing
though since first you need a detailed pedigree (6 generations is typical) that
ideally has numerous dogs named with kennel names.  It seems this is just as
important as calculating figures on the influence of individual dogs in your
dogs pedigree.

Then comes the genetics.  We know that a given dog will have 50% of its genes
from the mother, and 50% from the father.  However, their is no guarantee
that 25% of the grandparents genes will be in the dog.  The same holds true for
great grandparents (GG) calculated at 12.5%, GGG @ 6.25%, and GGGG @ 3.125%,
etc.   This is however how the calculations are done...I used excel and it was a
laborious process to insure I was getting it right.  Nonetheless, I think it
was interesting and insightful when tempered with the details of how these are
calculated.

I hope this helps.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy