Re: [pyrnet] Pyr's growth

My Cody is also not very large.  He will be 10 months in a week and only weighs 75 lbs.  When I got him at 7 weeks, he was only 5 lbs, while his siblings were 10 lbs.  I don't think he was feisty enough to fight for food, so he got left behind.   He is certainly active and happy now.

Also, he doesn't eat very much and isn't motivated or too interested in food.  I leave his dish filled for him and he may pick at it in the afternoon, but it isn't unusual for him not to eat until supper.  He isn't given any other snacks in the day, beyond the odd morsel of "people food" - but certainly not enough to fill a growing boy!  In total, he probably has 3-4 cups of dry food over 24 hours.

I do wonder if he will be a large Pyr, or if he is just delayed and will catch up and I'll end up with a giant!  His mom was not very large, but his dad was quite tall.

Christine