[pyrnet] Jumping

Hello,

I was wondering if folks have any advise to stop our pyr (Romy) from jumping
on people.  He absolutely loves everyone he meets and gets so excited
sometimes that he seem unable to contain himself.  The result is that he jumps up
--not always of course-- and not always onto the person because we are there to
correct him.  He does not jump up on us so this makes correcting him much more
difficult.

Currently, we are scolding him and telling him "Bad" when he does this.  We
then typically put him in a sit and calm him then encourage the person to
approach and visit again.

Any advise?  Should the visitor be encouraged to squeeze his paws or give
some other reprimand?  Sometimes we absolutely ignore him when he does undesired
things but it is hard to tell a visitor to "absolutely ignore him...look off
in space...don't talk...and stand absolutely still".

I want to catch and correct this before it becomes a real problem.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy