Re: [pyrnet] Problems with my dog

Stacey,

I would take her to your vet and ask if he has any ideas --  Sometimes changes in skin and attitude can be thyroid problems and the basic blood panel is not expensive.

I would guess the that Juma got frightened when no one was home and now does not want to be alone.  Remember dogs are pack animals and they like company,  when humans adopt dogs the dog in turn adopts the human into its pack.

You will need to go back to the basics of 'in and out'.  Sit before the door, Wait for 'Mom' to check and move out through the door only on release such as OK.   Also, if you do not have a crate for her I would get one.  My dogs do fine in the wire crates, but  Juma sounds like she is an only dog and a 'Kari-Kennel' style crate may provide her with more security.  A dark safe place to be away from strange loud noises.

The crate will run you over $100 for a good one.  I guess it is a balance of screen replacement costs against a crate.  I would also be sure that the family makes a 'Juma' time and is consistent with the time and place for 'special' attention -- petting, casual grooming, talking, etc.

Hope some of this will work for you.
Tea

Do you Yahoo!?