[pyrnet] Medication

<<I put my nealy ten year old spayed female on Deramaxx last July ...  My
question - should we consider lowering her dosage or discontinuing the
Deramaxx?>>

I had been using a tablet form of glucosamine for my 7+ pyr (due to arthritis caused by several major knee and shoulder surgeries) and couldn't really tell it made much difference.  When I was in a locally owned pet store getting some dog food the owner mentioned that he was carrying a new liquid glucosamine product that was getting good reviews so I tried that.  We're on our 3rd bottle and it's made a tremendous difference in Barney.  He's running around better than he has in years and he gets up from lying down without any noticable limping.  It's really a remarkable improvment and I credit the new liquid glucosamine.  It's called Next Level Joint Fluid and a 32 oz. container (typically good for a month) sells for about $38 from the KV Vet Catalog.  It was cheaper when I first bought it, but each time I've gotten more the price has been higher.  I can also buy it from a local feed store for $45.  There is a canine version, but I buy the equine version.  The supplement amounts are exactly the same and the company confirmed to me that they are the same product.  The equine product is available in 32 oz. and is also more readily available to me.  For more information, the website for this product is <www.sure-nutrition.com>.

Nancy Huggard
Gainesville, FL