Re: [pyrnet] a bit of good news (and a question)

Lene,
   That is good news for you! I have a bit of my own of that sort. Our Pyr Zuni was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in her front right leg in June, and following radiation and two chemo treatments so far, she is still with us and seems to be enjoying life. She's had her share of hitches along the way too, though. When treating her we found out she had a weak and enlarged heart which she is now on medication for, and now she has a lump in the roof of her mouth that we aren't treating since it seems insignificant in comparison to her osteo. However, I had a question for the list if anyone is listening and might know... Zuni is doing amazingly well, not limping anymore, hardly nauseated, eating well, a little lethargic, but occasionally when I have watched her out in the yard, she'll turn and then her rear end will fall over, she slumps in a heap, then looks around like she's not sure what happened. Anyone have experience with this? She's only 7.5 years old and as far as I know there is nothing wrong with her hips. Thanks!

Emily Martorano
EHMartorano@aol.com
Denver, CO