[pyrnet] Zuni

Emily, I'm not sure that this is the same thing at all--I hope not-- but
we had an almost-8-year-old dog with osteosarcoma in her right rear leg
about 6 years ago. We had the leg amputated, then had chemo. She did
wonderfully for about six months, then very suddenly lost muscle and nerve
function in her rear end--much more totally than what you describe in
Zuni. Over the course of two or three days, she became unable to stand at
all. She couldn't control her bowel function and couldn't urinate, so we
had to make that final decision to let her go. Even an autopsy did not
give us an answer, but the oncologist speculated that it may have been a
very small metastasis in a critical area of her spinal cord. If this is
just a sometimes thing with Zuni, I wouldn't worry-- just love her and
treasure every moment you have with her.

Ann, Peg, Tori and Blair