Re: [pyrnet] Zuni

Ann,
   Thanks, I actually have spinal metastasis in the back of my mind, unfortunately. Zuni also has a mass in the roof of her mouth behind her front teeth that is getting quite large. We can't find out for sure what it is without anesthetizing her, and since her heart is delicate now too, none of us want to do that since we know she already has bone cancer in her leg. I'm afraid if the cancer has spread to her spine that it might be more slight than what you experienced with your dog. I'm watching for changes in how often or how severely she loses control in the rear. So far, she always gets up again pretty quickly. I also wonder if this is at all connected to the two times I have found her to have been incontinent while lying down. Nerves too, perhaps, or maybe unrelated. Her sister, Belle, has experienced incontinence more often, but with less leakage before. I don't know, I've got an appointment for Zuni's third chemo treatment in a week, but before they give it to her I'm having them check anything they can with her spine. If it's already spread, I don't want to put her through more chemo. Anyway, thanks for the input because it's good to hear what other people have experienced. Keep paws crossed for us...

Emily Martorano
D3melza@aol.com
Denver, CO