Re: [pyrnet] Fence height for pyrs

Well, our guys seem to do much better with six feet high but they also have humane electric wire around the bottom and boards nailed to the bottom which keep them from just pushing through the fence if they do try to get out and get zapped.  Some have tried climbing but the wire seemed to help that.

Hoping when we get the meadow fenced in for them, it's so large we won't need it so high and will just need a strand or two of electric besides the field/sheep fence.  Keep in mind, we keep in, together, several Pyrs and Cockers of a few different bloodlines.  The different breeds, lines and individuals have different needs.  It is nice that they can be together though.  Before anyone freaks out, most of the Cockers are spay/neutered and different dogs are separated in groups in different pens according to sex, individual preference, etc.  :)

Chrissy Ingram

Mr. & Mrs. William H. and Christina M. Ingram, Jr.
"Billy & Chrissy"
Route 2, Box 27-A
West Union, WV 26456
You are worth Jesus.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
John chapter 3 : verse 16
BCIngram@hotmail.com
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Maple%20Way.htm  (Website)
http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Cocker%20Info.htm  (Cocker Info page)