[pyrnet] Beau's 1st snowfall

This morning when we woke up, it was snowing and about 3 inches had accumulated.  This was of particular interest to us because Beauregard, who just turned 7 months old, had never seen snow before.  He knows when I let him out of his crate at about 6:30 each morning and grab his leash we are heading outside and he starts to get excited.  He really loves the cold weather and usually doesn't want to come back in.

When we got to the sliding glass door going out to the back yard, Beau saw the snow covering "his" yard and freaked out.  He started barking like an intruder was breaking into the house.  When I opened the door to let him out he proceeded out cautiously, sniffing with an occasional bark thrown in.  From there we went out of our fenced in back yard to the 40+ acre field behind our house.  Beau started to bite at the snow and lay down in it, burying his nose in it.  Then he got up and started to run around in big circles around me on his 26 feet long leash.  He was fish tailing and sliding around, with intermittent periods of laying down on his tummy and sticking his face down in the snow some more.  It was a comical sight, which we have been anticipating with the prospect of his first snow sighting.

Due to time constraints we weren't able to stay out as long as we would have liked, since I had to allow extra time to deal with the drive to work on the slippery roads.  The forecast around here is calling for the snow to turn to rain this afternoon, but back to snow this evening and into Saturday with total accumulations anywhere from 4 to 10 inches or so.  Being off this weekend I hope to get back out there with him and get some pictures of him playing in this mysterious new white stuff that he can eat.

Frank Doughten
Commercial Loan Accounting
Wilmington Trust Company

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~