[pyrnet] Help me please...

To all...Anyone want some dogs?????
    Bear (4) and Sugar Bear (3) have developed a very nasty habit...when we
leave the house they will get on the counters, the table, the bread cart
where ever, and eat whatever they can get their grubby little paws on!!!!!
I've tried pushing the food to the back, hiding the food under things,
putting it in my Tupperware, double checking to make sure the bread cart
drawers are shut really well.  Nothing so far has seemed to deter them from
doing it.  Not even giving them spankings or crating after the fact.
    They've also been peeing and pooping in the floor when we leave!!!!!  I
have no idea what's made them go mad but something has them really pissed
and I'm ready to give up!!!  I will not tolerate such behavior in the house
any longer.  This has been going on for about six months.  I'm at my wits
end.  I do not have a fenced in yard to put them in.  I do, however, have
crates, but crating them every time I leave defeats the purpose of having
them to guard the house when we're out.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  I have no idea what we've
all done that's made them go nuts.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to do
to bring them back to their "right" frame of mind.  I just don't know.  I've
told Todd and the girls that if they do it again they're gone!  They're
going to  ruin my new dining room table getting on there to get the food
that's in the middle.  (To the tune of $2,000.00! just for the stinking
table.)  I've been lucky so far they've not dug their claws in!
    Please help...thanks in advance!!!!

Bridget, Bear and Sugar Bear
Loxley, AL