RE: [pyrnet] Pyrs and stairs

<< Just wondering if others have experienced their Pyrs being afraid to go up or down stairs? >>

My first Pyr was afraid of stairs. I lived in a single-floor condo and he never had to go up or down more than a couple stairs. We never visited anywhere that he would have a reason to go up or down stairs either. It was a while before I realized that he seemed to be afraid of them. What I did to get him out of it was to make sure I visited someplace that had a staircase for him to climb - got some kind of food for me - and then went up or down the stairs. I didn't hold the food out to him or make a big deal out of it, but he was never one to let me get too far away when I was eating something.  It took a while for him to give the stairs a try, but once he did it a couple times, he was fine.

Elaine and Pico