RE: [pyrnet] Pyrs and stairs

Once upon a time when Kazak was just a 7 month old pup, we
went to visit one of our artist friends whose studio was upstairs in
an old building off the Plaza here in Taos.  The stair well was dark
and steep with narrow stairs.  Zak bounded up right along with me
and we visited our friend.  Time to leave and go back down those
stairs, Zak just froze. I knew I could not carry a struggling 7 month
old pup down those stairs, so I ended up sitting down, scooting
down several steps on my butt and pulling Kazak after me.  The
entire thing was quite humorous to say the least.  A week later I
decided to try again, so off we went and once again Kazak
bounded right up the stairs.  This time the only way he would walk
back down was with our friend walking ahead of us and both of us
encouraging him. From then on I took Kazak to find any stairs we
could climb, no problem, just that dark, narrow, steep stairwell.  Go
Figure? I now make a point of introducing all my pups to stairs.
Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico
http://www.mitzis.net/judy/