[pyrnet] Tonka is leaving... :(

Tomorrow is the day that Mr. Tonka Willy Wonka  Man will be leaving me.
He has been adopted by a wonderful couple that lost their 11 y/o female Pyr, Elsie, eight months ago.  They live in a gorgeous 4,000 sq. foot home on over an acre, so he will have plenty of room to do what he does best  ROMP!
Once he has settled in, he will be joined by his favorite, secret admirer TAFFY!  Yes, they want them both after seeing how well they are together.  Taffy is still recovering from her three orthopedic surgeries last November, after being hit by a car as a stray.  She will be spayed in a couple of weeks and then ready to join Mr. Tonka, as they start their lives with their new family.  Tonka will scope out his new digs and find the best places to roll and excavate so he will be able to orientate Taffy when she arrives.
I am so sad for myself and my loss, but don't think I could find better, more loving people to entrust to their care.  The Explorer is half full - packed with all of Tonka's "necessities".  What a far way this boy has come since we picked him up from a drunken lady in a trailer with no water or electricity...he was 68 pounds and what hair he had was so matted that it took six weeks of daily brushings to get through them all.  He had not been to a vet in two years and had only been in a car once.  He had every known parasite and a raging UTI, but thankfully no stones or heartworms.  It took two months for him to be healthy enough to be neutered and had to be fed four times a day.  That was a year ago last Sunday, January 11th.  Today his  weight is 104 pounds and he is bathed, brushed and ready to start his new life.
They have committed to scheduling play dates at the dog park so we will hopefuly, have regular reunions.
It's been helpful for me to write this as part of my own grieving process - as he lays next to me on the bed sighing over my tears...
I promised him that night I picked him up in the cold of night that he would never be neglected again and I believe that I have done my best to ensure that.
Thanks to each of you for your support, prayers, and putting up with my frustrations in the early months (especially Nancy & Anita who actually helped with his retrieval and probably kept me from going to jail that night).  This is what rescue is about and boy, does it hurt!
God Bless!
Lisa and the six remaining dwARFs plus the convalescing Taffers (who'll mom yell at now?)
W Palm Beach, FL
Oliver's House, Incorporated
"Dedicated to the rescue, rehabilitation, and placement of dogs in Palm Beach County"