Re: [pyrnet] Gotta love those Pyrs

I don't think my Pyr would ever survive without being able to sleep on my bed, be let in and out on his command and have many toys.

Cody is over a year old (same dog that won't go up or down stairs) and we had a fun experience last night.  He doesn't seem to have guarding instincts in him - the sheep would need to look after him!  When he goes outside alone, it is on a fenced-in deck with a ramp leading to an area of patio stones where he can do his business.  Last evening, he was let out and he began barking like crazy and had himself up against the door.  Looking out to see what the problem was, we realized there was a rabbit on "his" deck.  Well, as soon as we opened the door, he ran inside so fast that he slid down the hallway.  My brother went out to chase the rabbit off the deck and once he did that, Cody went back out (letting the human go first) strutting with his chest out and a big brave bark.  As if to say, "there my human told you, Mr. Rabbit, and don't come back".  Well, we haven't stopped laughing about our brave Pyr.

Christine