From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On Behalf Of Roger Poole
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:37 AM
To: pyrnet-l-digest@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] Rimadyl?!?

My 6 1/2 yr. old pyr just started limping (left front leg shoulder or wrist - not her pads). My obedience trainer suggests I get her on this med and glucosamine. But frankly, there's >>> a lot <<< of negative info about this drug on the web and I'd thinking I'd rather not go that route. Sticking to Aspirin. (Definitely yes to the glucosamine, but no to the Rimadyl). I hate to say this, but I don't trust my Vet to make the right decision. Anyone had any experience with this drug?

Ultimately we're out of training and any activity for several months and if it doesn't resolve itself, I'll end up going the X-rays route but only probably with a new 'yet to be determined' vet.

We had to pull out of our first round of trials for our CDX. So discouraging, she was so ready and then to go lame. UGH!
Thanks all.
Roger Poole
roger@poole.com