[pyrnet] Dew claws

PLEASE, DO NOT LET YOUR VET REMOVE DEW CLAWS ON A PYR!!!!!

A lot of breeds that have dew claws are easily removed, as the dew claws
sit on a fleshy pad.  BUT a pyr's dewclaws are actually build on a bone
structure.  Removing dew claws on a pyr is AMPUTATION, and is very
painful.  A vet who is suggesting removal of the dew claws has NO
experience with Great Pyrenees!  This is scary!  Of course, if a dew
claw becomes injured, then treatment is necessary, but for a vet to
suggest removing dew claws 'out of convenience' is totally wrong.

When I took my pyr puppy to the vet for neutering, I automatically
informed him that his dew claws were NOT to be removed, as some vets may
do this without informing the owner.

Reni and Claude
begin:vcard
n:Van Aerden-Nagels;Renilda
tel;fax:403-289-5698
tel;work:403-220-5533
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:University of Calgary;Department of Philosophy
version:2.1
email;internet:rvanaerd@ucalgary.ca
title:Graduate Program Administrator
fn:Renilda Van Aerden-Nagels