Fwd: [pyrnet] Puppies on Ebay

In a message dated 9/26/2004 7:03:58 AM Pacific Daylight Time, newbailey@comcast.net writes:
I seriously wondered whether it was better to see if they got good homes through Ebay or to report it, but did report it.
Amy,
You did the right thing.  Unfortunately, the most likely type of person who would buy a pup off an Ebay ad, is also the type who would think Wow!  I'll get a female and breed her so I can sell the pups on Ebay and make tons of money too!     sigh......
Same idea as pet stores - I won't even go into them because I get so upset over the pups and kittens.  But as long as people buy them from these places instead of from a reputable breeder, the cycle will just continue.
I emailed the person who placed the ad but doubt I'll get a reply.

Cat

--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I probably used exactly the same method you did (It was a three part drop down menu) and I recevied the following confirmation of my email:

    Report a listing policy violation or prohibited (banned) item > Prohibited (banned) items > The problem you're having with prohibited items isn't listed

    Item Number(s):
    5523055848     $US US !00000! 082804

I think the prohibited items section was what got them to look at it.  The item was not listed by yesterday afternoon.  Honestly, when I got this email response, I was not sure that anything would happen.  I did receive a more conversational, although still a form letter, email from Ebay as well.

I hope the puppies and parents are ok.  I seriously wondered whether it was better to see if they got good homes through Ebay or to report it, but did report it.

Amy
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 26, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Puppies on Ebay

I thought I contacted ebay about it but apparently not. I got an email back that said the problem I was having was not listed. I have no idea what that means but I would appreciate someone giving me the email address they used to report it. I do have an ebay account myself if that matters.

--- End Message ---