[pyrnet] Fwd: Looking for a GOOD Home for Beautiful Pyr

----- Forwarded message from amydiara@cox.net-----

From: "Amy Hogan" <amydiara@cox.net>
Subject: Looking for a GOOD Home for Beautiful Pyr
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:47:42 -0400

We live in the Northern VA region and are considering a new home for our
4-year-old Pyr, Teagan.  She is a beautiful dog, but is probably "special
needs" as she has a mild case of epilepsy (no meds) and needs a lot of
attention/companionship or else she will act out (potty in the house, etc).
We love this dog VERY dearly but we recently had a baby, Im back to work,
and my husband took a new job which has him working from 6am to 9pm.  We
just don't have the time Teagan needs from us and she is getting frustrated
and so are we. Ideally she would be on a farm or similar with other dogs or
people who were around more.  She is a really good and affectionate dog when
she is attended too.  We are horribly torn about looking for a new home for
her, but it just seems there is too much going on- we are strung out.   The
baby is starting to crawl and wants to go after the dog and its very nerve
racking trying to keep them apart.  She's been to thousands of dollars worth
of training etc. so we've tried to make her as obedient as possible- but you
know how Pyrs are...She is an excellent watchdog at least.

 I've contacted the rescue to see if they know of any situations where
Teagan might be happy, but have not heard back- thought I would just put out
a query. Her breeder I dont think is an option as I came to learn she may
not be in good standing and I dont want to take any chances that Teagan
might not be taken care of.  I tried to attach a picture but it was too
large to send. I have hundreds if anyone is interested.  She is really
gorgeous.  Teagan was always our "baby" so we wouldn't dream of "dumping"
her or placing her in an unsuitable home, but if there is a loving home out
there, I would be interested in hearing from you.

  Thanks,
  Amy & Brian Hogan
  703-326-9653

----- End forwarded message -----