Re: [pyrnet] [tthorp@rgtnet.com: Entry to Guestbook]

In a message dated 9/28/04 1:51:39 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rrognlie@gamerz.net writes:

He does not sniff around or look like he needs to go out, he just walks around and all of sudden starts using the bathroom.  I take him out at 5:30am from his crate, I walk him, play with him, feed him, take him out again, play with him, and then put him up.  When I get home from work, I take him out, play with him, walk him, play, play, play, take him out, but he still uses the bathroom in the house.  ANY HELP??????

Try using the "Bell Training Concept:" You can purchase a small cowbell from the bird department at Petsmart, or any pet store with birds. Attach the bell to the handle of the door that use to take your boy outside. Leave enough cord so that he can reach it with his paw or his nose. USE ONLY THIS DOOR. Ring the bell every time that you take him outside. Tell him to do his potty as you are taking him outside. This method is very reliable and should work fairly quickly, unless there is some unknown reason why he is doing it deliberately. Pyrs are supposed to be very easy to housebreak.

Good Luck:

Terry