RE: [pyrnet] [tthorp@rgtnet.com: Entry to Guestbook]

<< STILL NEED HELP!!!  I have had my male Pyr for a month now and he is
still using the bathroom in the house.  >>

Hi Toni,
	You didn't mention how old your Pyr is, but if he has been checked out by a
vet and is in good shape, it sounds like just a house training issue. When I
trained Pico, my 5 year old Pyr, he was in the crate unless I was right by
his side. When I let him out of the crate, I carried him outside, so he
never had a chance to go inside. It is important to let them out after every
meal, every drink and every play period until they are trained. It seems
like he is trained enough so that he will not soil his sleeping quarters,
and  that is the first step, so YEAH!! Now you just have to keep an eye on
him and make sure that he doesn't keep messing in the house. It does take
alot of patience and supervision, but as you watch him, you will start to
see that his walk/stance starts to change when he is thinking it is time to
go.

	It is also a good thing to think up a potty word for him to signal that you
want him to go. Use this word of phrase whenever you take him outside to
eliminate and he will soon associate it with the action.

Good Luck,
Elaine and Pico