Re: Re: [pyrnet] Re: Pano and diet

Sorry Linda, I have to disagree here a bit. I believe (and this is only my
opinion) that poor nutrition over a number of generations, can cause
unhealthy offspring. Kibble, IMO is not really good nutrition, no matter
what the studies by the DF companies have to say. And they "are" the ones
that have set the standards and guidelines for what is proper nutrition for
dogs. And I do not feed a raw diet. Of course, there is more to longevity
than diet, but look at the diseases that are caused in people by eating a
poor diet. To some extent, sometimes greater and sometimes less, we are what
we eat. So are our dogs. Expensive and "designer" dog food do not good
nutrition make. It's the quality of the ingredients that concern me and
whether or not the processing of same deplete all the nutrients that have to
be added back in by using chemicals of one sort or another. And IMO, if you
are buying 44 lbs. of dog food for 20 bucks, you just ain't getting quality.
If you are getting high quality ingredients in that food, the company won't
be in business very long as they will be selling at a loss. But we all
digress here. So Linda, how do you feed your pups? Do you recommend adult
food or puppy?

Barb Bowes
Chelsea (Pyr)  Twister (Pyr)
Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)