Re: [pyrnet] Our Athena

Hi. Manny, it certainly could be a cyst or fatty tumour, it sounds like it came up very quickly so I am thinking maybe an abcess. A few months ago our Golden puppy Hannah had one under her jaw in the neck area, she was put on antibiotics and it gradually dimished, but I have notice lately that I can still feel something there but have decided to watch to see if it grows, this doesn't bother her either. Sometimes they chew on things like wood and a splinter can enter the skin and inbed itself causing some inflammation, hers moved around easily but was quite solid to the touch, now the "thing" isn't quite so symmetrical. I think that any lump that appears suddenly should probably have an expert check it out, if it moves around easily and doesn't seem attached then it is probably okay.

Jo, Toby and Hannah(Golden)
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, December 04, 2004 9:47 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Our Athena

Hi all, need some info.  We just noticed a hard lump on Athena?s  upper check (it is the size of a marble).  Athena is a female 4 years of age.  She exhibits no symptoms of any sorts.  We just finished taking her for a walk.  Could something have bitten her?  She does not seem in pain.  Touching the lump does not seem to bother her.  We thought of giving her an aspirin.  What do you all think.  We tried looking inside her check but see nothing.

Regards,

Manny