Re: [pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20050202

Make sure the dog's tongue is not in the way FIRST. So if immediate reprisal is needed perhaps a LOUD OUCH followed by no bite and removal from area for a minute or two. (in crate or on a mat. ) Just be consistant with what you do and make sure if you decide( I don't recommend) holding their mouth shut, their tongue could get pierced. You want your dog to WANT to come to you, not associate you with pain .

Michele