Re: [pyrnet] Birth Announcement

On 5 Feb 2005 at 19:35, AngelsRWee1s@aol.com wrote:

> hello, Everyone! Dant Ta Dan... he's here! We've just  brought our new
> baby home. Avalanche " Dante " Brazeal is 5 weeks old. Yes, you  heard
> right. I'm quite concerned. I thought that he would be at least 8-12
> weeks. Please, if you have any advice as to what to do about the fleas

Well let me rant for a moment...what kind of breeder would let a Pyr Pup
go at 5 WEEKS?   Pups have so much to learn from their dam and
littermates up until 8-10 weeks.  Arrrgh!

As to the fleas, give the pup a warm bath with some gentle doggie
shampoo in the kitchen sink, wrap in a towel and keep warm and rub
until dry.  The shampoo should take care of the fleas. I would not use
any flea shampoos and honestly, just a bath at this age should take care
of it.   Also Please be aware of the latest vaccine protocol which I have
linked below.  Keep your sweet pup at home and away from exposure to
any other dogs.  This baby should still be with the litter and mum Pyr :(

http://www.critteradvocacy.org/Canine%20Vaccination%20Guidlines.ht

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com