[pyrnet] How old before a male pyr puppy challenges an adult?

I may be getting a puppy sooner than I thought.... my male 10 year old Pyr
has been diagnosed with bone cancer and my female is older than that.  We
had though to get a female, but may wind up with a male puppy.  He would be
out with the 10 year old male Pyr.  At what age, might I have to worry about
the puppy challenging or fighting with the male pyr?  Because of the cancer
, I don't know how long we will have our big boy, but it could be as much as
a year maybe.   Looking for advice

Thanks.
Linda Anderson & Jon Glastra
Night Sky Farm