Re: [pyrnet] Deaf Pyrs and Cabin Fever

Is Toby a pyr ???  who hates to get wet ???  I had a mixed breed girl (Golden Mom and black lab and Doberman Dad)  named Sofee but who we often called "Prissy Paws" because she hated to step into water of any kind.  She would step on the wet porch, then raise her paw and shake it, repeated all the way across with each paw in rotation, when she had to go at last.    I wish Charlie had a water avoidance gene but he loves muddy, dirty water which, of course, is the next season.  Meanwhile, he is too enjoying the snow.

We had thunder and lightning during the snow last night, with a power outage, but definitely no tornadoes.  I think I might have been under the bed, not just under the covers if there had been.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ray & Jo
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 2:58 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Deaf Pyrs and Cabin Fever

We had horrendous weather yesterday and during the night, I am amazed that we even have a roof on the house, the wind was so strong and the rain hit so hard that it was extremely scary. They say that a tornado sounds like a train well I could hear trains last night as I lay hidden under the covers!!! Today it is a lot calmer but it is now snowing AGAIN which I really appreciate because the rain was certainly turning everything into a bog, now it is a snow covered bog, infinitely better. We are retired so the snow doesn't necessarily interfere with our lives and both the dogs really love the snow for different reasons, Toby who hates to get wet loves to just lie in one spot and watch the world and Hannah, being a January baby just loves everything about it. We have guys in trucks, that could be considered the salt of the earth, callous on the hands,  type of fishermen, stop and tell us what beautiful dogs we have, always makes us smile!!

Jo, Toby and Hannah(Golden)