[pyrnet] Dirty Dog - Help needed

Hello, all.  I am new to the group, and a new pyr owner.  We adopted our Cameron from the TX Pyr Rescue and have had him for about a month.  He was abandoned and left for dead and the wonderful people at the rescue saved his life.  We knew the moment we saw his picture he was our baby.  He's our first pyr and we are learning about them through research and through Cam's "teachings".  Anyway, we live in El Paso and there's not much grass here.  Our backyard is this reddish pebble/sand mixture and Cameron is turning RED.  I brush him daily, but he still has this red tint to his beautiful white coat.  Even after the groomer, he looked kind of pink!  He is an indoor dog, but likes to go out and bask in the sun, which is why he's getting the color.  Any suggestions on keeping him cleaner? Or at least looking like a white dog, most of the time?

Thanks for any help that might be offered.

Patty Campbell

Do you Yahoo!?