Re: [pyrnet] problem

My Cody does the same thing with his paw.  Usually he does it if I stop scratching his neck or belly.  He has also done it a couple of  time when I was eating - just to make sure I don't forget about his big face 2" from my plate.  This habit actually started when he as a baby.  When I took him to kindergarten, if a puppy was sniffing him or trying to initiate play, he would put his large pyr paw on the puppy's head.  He didn't scratch or hit, just layed his paw on them. He became know as the dog with the paw - that is when he wasn't hiding under the bench and refused to join in the puppy play time.  When we started grade 1, he was ready to play with everyone, but it wasn't allowed since this was the time that every owner was to be in complete control of their dog.  Ha!  Try that with a pyr who isn't motivated by food and would rather go and see all the other people.  Needless to say, I have a wonderful pyr, who never does anything wrong (after the first year).  Although I think catching mice is wrong, but I don't think I'll win that one.  He even caught one under two feet of snow and played with it for half an hour - never did kill it.

Christine

Christine