Re: [pyrnet] Resource guarding or aggression?

See this is where I disagree.. Believe me I understand about the child being hurt, I really do. But at the same time I think each situation is different.. If this dog had been attacking people or more than one child, I would feel differently and say they should have him put down..

I agree, the dog saw it as the child was taking away its food and since they had not established the "pack" order in the family yet  and the dog thought the child was "a strange dog"  taking its food..

I just think that this was an accident all around.. And what I wish they would do since this is the only time the dog has reacted this way, is to give him to a home possibly where there are no children.  And to me that would solve part of the problem.. The other is to have him go through extensive training..

And I will say this again, since I dont' know the complete history of this dog.. If he has done this before-hurt someone, then I understand the decision they have made. But if this is the one and only time, destroying the dog doesn't make a lot of sense to me..

I do want to make clear that this is just my opinion based on my own experiences and I have no desire to "argue" with anyone..

Just my two cents..

Janna