Re: [pyrnet] Resource guarding or aggression?

I'm with you on this - the dog should be humanely euthanized as soon as the waiting period after a bite is over.   It's too bad he has to be bear the punishment for human errors but I would not trust him again.  Hopefully a therapy dog can work with the family so they don't fear dogs even if they never own a dog again.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:59 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Resource guarding or aggression?

Some may think I'm being too harsh but I pictured my own children as I read this.  Whether it was the breeding or treatment of the dog, it was still the responsibility of humans *but* that is far too dangerous.

In my opinion, he should be humanly euthanized.

Are the parents seeking therapy for the child?  They probably don't trust Pyrs or other dogs now either.

I have to say, if I had to pull a dog off my child.....the dog probably would not have made it to the pound.

Chrissy Ingram