Re: [pyrnet] The Paw

I wonder is there a correlation between smaller women and bigger dogs?  I am 5'-3" as well (although I will often try to stretch it to 5'-4") and have had Pyrs, Labs and Great Danes.  I refuse to have a dog who shorter than at least my knees.  I apologize to all the little dog lovers out there, but I am not one.

Charlie loves to run full speed across the yard at me, but 95% of the time he veers around me.  I feel the breeze but do not get hit.  He will still jump up on me when invited.  This miracle occurred when we started some extra training during his most recent "adolescent testing period" - he is just 16 months old.   He is a beautiful sight running across the yard with his fur flying -- as long as he veers at the last minute -- so I praise him a lot when this is successful.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] The Paw

Believe me I sympathize!  I am only 5'3".. And Lady HAS ran at me full blast and not stopped, oh that hurt!

Janna

In a message dated 3/23/2005 3:44:18 AM Central Standard Time, Nlduzan@aol.com writes:
When she looks like she is coming towards you to
jump up (usually you can get some idea when they are preparing to do it),
LOL  Sure can tell she's coming, it's just like standing in the path of a freight train!!  I have a wonderful picture of her coming at me full blast through the snow.
    Your advice makes a lot of sense and we'll work on it.  I am hesitant to turn my back when she's running at me because she throws a good shoulder block into my knees once in awhile.  I'll brace myself and hang onto a fence post or a tree or something. :)  I really want her to quit knocking me down.  I'm to old to get knocked around so much.  If I break a hip she'll have to pull me around in a cart so I can get the gardening done. :)
    Thanks for your help.
Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com