Re: [pyrnet] rescue of grt pyrs

On 7/21/05, Loretta Tyson <ltyson@ipa.net> wrote:

I've often thought of having an unofficial rescue with a building and fence but being retired with no one to help I really don't know how reasonable that would be.  We do live in the country on 85 acres but that is not much help if we cannot leave them when we go away.  What do you all do or do you not travel at all?  I can't not see my children and grandchildren over dogs.  (they would never forgive me) but my heart breaks for these uncared for animals.

I have two pyrs and assorted other critters (chickens, donkeys) and it is hard to leave, but I cultivate house sitters locally and there is even a person doing an up to twice a day pet sitting (including stock, clean stalls, etc.) in my area I could call on (cheaper than boarding two dogs).  I've gotten contacts from the feed store folks, my church and so on.

--
Linda A.
Nightsky Farm