[pyrnet] Thank you letter from Joe (3 great Pyr saved)

Joe sent me this letter thanking us for all the great work we did in saving those 3 Beautiful dogs from certain death. I am not sure if it has been posted by Beth but here it is, if not. I want to thank all of you fro all the help that you gave me with phone call emails and offer of transportation, it made a huge difference. Ranger is has been adopted by someone from another group that I am in, she will be fostering him and the Tenessee Pyr rescue has offered to pay for all his food, and any vet bills. And who knows she may even keep him, she has never owned a pyr, and we all know how they just tug at our heart strings.... so who knows, but at least is is safe and sound. she will be posting pictures, and I will send pics on this list so you can see what he looks like now that he has been groomed. :) Again thank you sooo much
Nina

"Let me start this message by simply saying that I am proud to walk
among
you.
I am almost tearful as I tell each of you that Bernice and Opal go into
Rescue via
a gentleman at Campbellsville, KY.  We will open the shelter Sunday
afternoon
and meet him there.  They are safe.

One of you delightful people are taking Ranger, the collie/Pyr mix and
wonderful
fellow - probably my favorite of the three as he is not quite as aloof.

I have been in dog rescue and foster for 12 years now and since my
retirement
in July 2000 have worked closely with BRAWA shelter in Glasgow, KY.  In
those
years I have posted a number of appeals to help wonderful pets and most
have
saved that pet's life.  Usually there are two or three responses and
one or
two
are willing to work with me, the other is usually a comment that it
looks
more like
a cocker spaniel to them than a Saint Bernard... ;-)    Not to offend
anyone
but
at the shelter here they call me "Mr. Shindler"  after the "Shindler's
List"
  movie.
So I've been around for a while, doing most of this shelter's Petfinder
postings.

In all my years I have NEVER had such a helpful, good-natured, willing
and
selflesss
explosion of helpful emails.  The shelter had to ask for Volunteers to
man
their
telephone line as concerned Great Pyrenees lovers lined up for info.
The
fact
that email is done from volunteer homes rather than the shelter where
the
action is causes delays in responses.  I call the shelter for updates
and
then
respond.  For those of you that waited, I apologize as I couldn't get
thru
get info either <smile>.  Annoying?  No!   With your gracious help we
saved
3 lives for 3 wonderful dogs that can't help being big dogs.    Big
dogs
take up
more precious shelter space so they are the first to be euthanized when
space
gets tight - and it is  VERY tight.

The three dogs are safe.  I learned a lot about the breed from you.  I
knew
relatively nothing about Great Pyrs  and, would you believe, the Akbash
folks
were extremely helpful in my education as well.

Since there was a call for volunteers at the shelter to man the phone
and
the volunteer turnout was good  I will also report that all three big
dogs
have been groomed  and now they look great!   Bernice is more the
people
dog while Opal is aloof, however even Opal enjoyed the grooming I am
told.
Ranger just loves having people around, he don't care what they do as
long
as he is in the middle of it.

I've taken your email addresses from a multitude of recent emails and
if, in
scanning over the header, you don't know each other, you really should
meet, at least by email if not personally.  EVERY ONE OF YOU have
helped
in one way or another, some of you have lived thru this "torture" of
knowing
that three dogs were going to die - and soon- with me.  God Bless you
all
for your kindness.  This from me    and  from three, now safe, big
dogs.

Joe Taylor   from  BRAWA,  Glasgow, KY
www.brawa.petfinder.org"