From: Heather
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 6:47 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Growl and Snap

The growl and snap is totally unacceptable even with meaty bones and is easily controlled with training.  My guys are all raw fed.  I can take away any tasty morsel, large meaty bone or the dinner dish.  I can take away from one dog and give to the other, that's my place in the pack.  I don't do that....but I'm allowed that priviledge as leader.  My son can take away the food from either dog and has been able to since he's been able to say their names and the word "stay and leave it".   I can feed my guys next to each other...I can but I don't.  I'm not going to instigate trouble between 2 males.  The words "leave it"  will make them stop.  I've always given treats side by side.  Once alpha is set and the dogs understand there should be no problems.
Age, her season can be a factor.  Training is what is needed.
Both my boys are have been raw fed for over 5 years now and I've had no problems with aggression with feeding that way.  I have pictures of the cats eating out of the same bowls or along side.  Food should never be an allowable cause for aggression.  JMO
Ciao
Heather ..Shakespeare and Mushu ...raw fed pyrs

  Years ago, my three dogs of different breeds used to have a tough time when they all had meaty bones and the vet suggested to me that there was something that brought out the primative wolf about bones and to stop giving them to the dogs to achieve peace at home.