Re: [pyrnet] On leash problems

    Thanks Linda, I'll check out the leash training advice.  When we realized the ballistic reaction to the leash, we started just clipping it on for a few seconds, then increasing the time walking around in her own yard, giving her lots of "good girls" and a treat when it's over.  She's up to going to the mailbox on leash with hubby without panic.
    I realize the crate thing is an entirely different issue, but not at all like human claustrophobia -- she crawls under the deck, and that space is much smaller than the crate.  I think she associates the crate with leaving her puppy home & her momma, riding in the car and puking, the whole experience was unpleasant regardless of how we tried to make it different for her.  Since she's an outdoor run-around dog, the crate aversion is not a problem for us and not worth a lot of effort to overcome it.  Who could move a crate with her in it anyway?? :)  She rides fine in the back of the Jeep to go to the vet, and fortunately our vet is close enough that she doesn't uurrrp before we get there.  :)

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com