Re: [pyrnet] leashes and claustrophobia

On 13 Aug 2005 at 9:56, GreenPyrs@aol.com wrote:

> One
> weird aspect is that no matter how impossible a dog was to crate at
> home or in the kennel, they were GREAT travellers.  they would happily
> be in their crate in the van for cross country trips for days without
> a peep... go figure

Yes, I had a rescue here that really hated the crate.  If I left him alone
inside crated, the crate pan would be full of drool when I returned.  I
could put him in the car crate and leave him for hours and he was fine.
He also was quite nervous about being kennelled. Over time he
adjusted to both and realized it was not the end of the world to be
contained. Luckily I had him during the winter months, so being crated in
the car was okay.  I'd take him to work and then let him exercise at
noon. He was happy in the van while I was at work.

Judith
Taos, New Mexico
jsmiller@newmex.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~ksane/judy/