Re: [pyrnet] Question

    Thanks Patty,
    Your tale of Cameron guarding the fence is a great comfort.  Ombre seems so laid-back and sweet natured, but it's great to know she would probably aggressively guard should the need arise.  We're old. We live so far out that I sometimes feel like a "prime target" for the lesser-human-types who beat old people to death in their own homes for their "heart medicine and $2 cash".  The older we get, the more vulnerable I feel.  Wish our fencing was situated so that Ombre could patrol all the way around the house instead of just in the back.  We've considered that, but it's a huge expense and massive amounts of manual labor -- and all my precious flower gardens are in the front where she can't dig holes to China. :)
    I do intend to replace the big double paned, double wide, back door with a door I'm sure she could get through. (she already tore up the screen just playing with it) Haven't shopped yet, but I'll find something, even if it has to be a Dutch door that opens inward with a loose latch. :)  She normally has no burning desire to come in the house, but once in awhile if we let her in, she just wanders and looks at everything (especially the Mini-Pin hiding under the bed :) and then goes back out.  I just have a gut feeling that an "Emergency Entrance" for her is a good idea.
    I'm reminding myself that I'm not afraid of anything, but that's at least partly due to the fact that I try to be careful, prepared, and locked & loaded :).

Nancy
www.hensteethandfroghair.com