RE: [pyrnet] Dewclaws

<<  Anyway, my question is about the dewclaws found on Pyr's.  I've heard from several people that Pyrs should have them and they shouldn't be removed.  However, Caesar was recently romping around and, I guess, managed to snag one on a fence or some other something.   >>

Hi Brad, I have had two Pyrs and have to say I have never had the dew claws removed or had the dog catch them on something. I think that Caesar may have just had an unfortunate accident and doubt that it will be a continual concern. I have also heard that it is not just for aesthetics that the dewclaws are not removed, they are pretty firmly attached and it is not a simple operation.

Good luck with Caesar.

Elaine, Pico and Laela