[pyrnet] Re: Removing Dewclaws

Hi!  Bridget in BAMA here.

I'm not sure, you'll want to check with your vet or others that have discussed this with their vet but...

There are strong ligaments and tendons that connect those claws and according to what I've been told it would be no less painful than actually removing a TOE!!  Check it out, have it x-rayed or whatever.  That's just what our vet told us.

I have also heard horror stories from my vet about how they've been snagged and all but ripped off...not too pretty I'd imagine.  Either way, leave 'em.  If God wants them off He'll handle it.  After all, He's the one that put them there, right?  No sense in knocking the pup out and causing unnecessary pain.

I hope each of you will be having a safe and happy weekend.  Ours will be very full.  Our local VFW is having our annual Buddy Poppy drive and again I'm chairman so we'll be collecting donations for our areas veterans in need.  Wish me well.  I've enjoyed working this program because all the money we raise stays in our own community.  YEAH!!

Y'all take care,

Bridget in BAMA
Bear, Sugar Bear, Mama Kitty, Naomi, Danica, and the now missing/wandering Smokey