[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20051219

In a message dated 12/19/2005 11:59:59 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:

Its a shame that "snow nose" is becoming accepted as normal, because it
really is not.  The really correct pigment will not fade in winter and will be much
darker normally that what you might now think is black. There are important
functional reasons why the very black pigment is required.

Joe,
Butting in here ~~( please forgive)
I was always under the impression that "snow nose"  was perhaps either hereditary , or a diet defeciency~( never knew for sure), but if the dog had very good pigmentation to begin with , the color could be restored by feeding the dog form stainless steel bowls and by adding zinc to the diet~~
I agree that "snow nose" is becoming the "accepted norm"~~I had the hardest time hiding My hysterical laughter when I was talking to a Lady at a show in Deland~She stood there , serious beyond a doubt, very intense look on Her face , and told Me of the "fading" of the nose  by many champion dogs and bitches , and then the return of the color as soon as it turned warmer~~
Evidently I didn't do very well at hiding anything~The breeder that I was with has never let Me live it down ~~:)

Pamc

Pamc

PYRALIVE@AOL.COM
" We need not think alike to Love alike "