[pyrnet] Pyr Heart Condition-Amy Bailey

Amy;

I know I can tell by your email that you would so love to adopt Milo.  Even
though I am not familiar with the exact heart condition you are speaking of,
I understand how you feel.
The day I brought home Raisa, my Alaskan Malamute, she was 8 weeks old.  I
took her to my vet immediately the next day for a thorough check up and they
found she had aortic stenosis of the heart.  I was crushed, worried to
death, and distraught for this absolutely beautiful 8 week old baby girl
that I fell madly in love with. I then took her to the UW Veterinary
School/Hospital in Madison, WI for a total evaluation.  With their guidance
and information, I am proud to say Miss Raisa is now going on 6 years old!!!
She and her best friend Czar, the Great Pyrenees, can't spend a minute
apart, and I am grateful for every second I have with her.  Miss Raisa has a
tremendous amount of health issues; Aortic Stenosis; FCE Spinal Stroke at
age 18 months; severe hip dysplasia in both hips; and now Atypical Addison's
disease.  However, she is doing very well on all counts, and yes, I would go
to the end of the earth and back to help her in any way I can............

Trust your heart and let each day take you where it may.

Beth, Czar (Pyr) and Raisa (Mal) in Rural Wisconsin