From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On
Behalf Of Marilou Oyler
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2006 11:24 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20060510

Jack:
It is not an emotional reaction - I have been told by Misha's foster
mom/rescuer that, under no circumstances, should I put a prong collar
on Misha.  I am getting conflicting advice from all sides, from what
people are telling me and what I'm reading - and yes, I've read the
linked study, too.

And she's not wearing a "thin slip collar."  (And I didn't say that I
liked it - I just said that's what she was wearing when I got her.)
She is actually wearing what I've seen called a "Greyhound Limited
Slip collar".  It is not thin but is about 3/4 - 1 inch wide.  (A
picture of one is on http://www.boxerworld.com/training/collars/ )

I'm just trying to do what's best for Misha.  I've only had her for 3
weeks, and am still new to the world of Pyrs.

Marilou