Re: [pyrnet] FW: CHAT, RESCUE: CNN Puppy Buying Story

I have nothing against rescue.....I have two beautiful Pyrs that I got from rescue.  But, it seems to me that this has been heavily questioned all day and I feel like the person who truly rescued this dog has done a great job and is continuing to handle this in a thoughtful way.  RESCUE is not the do all, end all and it seems to me that the politics have skewered this person pretty thoroughly all day.  I am feeling pretty sorry for them and I don't even know them.

Sometimes the checks, rescue "rules", are good and sometimes they hamper placement of dogs.  For example there is a group in Illinois that states ...........on all their dogs that they must be treated as house pets and kept in a fenced yard.  To me that is ludicrous.  I have a little over 200 acres and my dogs are outside and busy all the time.  This group would not even talk to me as I do not keep them inside and inside a fenced yard!

Judy
(mid-MO)