Re: [pyrnet] Behavior Question - Need Help!

Marilou,

Two things that might help:  Don't let her sit down - keep walking fairly
quickly.   And get lots of exercise during the day.  When Sweetie and
Charlie are tired from being at daycare all day, they care much less about
the bear ghosts at night.

Obedience traing will help because it will put you in charge as alpha and if
alpha says it is ok to come in, then it is ok for her to stop guarding.  It
may not be perfect, but it will help.

When Charlie was little, I taught him to roll over.  He later decided that
whenever I wanted him to come in and he did not want to, that he should roll
halfway and stay on his back.    I had never met a passive alpha position
but he was as limp as a blanket and winning the challenge.  I know the
neighbors enjoyed watching me try to lift one end , then the other, only to
have the first end fall down again.   A lot of obedience work is the only
thing that saved us.

Amy with Charlie and Sweetie